Information on the DVOC Listserv List
To provide to members and non-members concise, timely information related to the DVOC and to significant regional bird sightings. This is a moderated list, not a discussion list. The DVOC E-mail List is available to both members and non-members.
- A weekly (Sunday or Monday) digest of information including but not limited to
- Field trips
- Conservation issues
- Website enhancements
- Announcements for members
- Other meetings of possible interest to members.
- Rare bird alerts. In most instances, we will do a single posting, giving general information, and a source of details and follow up information.
- Sightings of most “review” species in PA, NJ and DE. (For example, we would post a message if a Vermilion Flycatcher is in NJ but not post a Rufous Hummingbird since it is an annual occurrence).
- Sightings of mega rarities in states that are within a drivable distance from the Philadelphia area. (For example a Black-tailed Gull in Vermont.)
- News of an unexpected or urgent nature. Two examples are
- Meeting cancellation due to weather
- The passing of a member
- The list administrators will be responsible for messages generated on this e-mail list
- All members of the club are encouraged to subscribe. New members are automatically subscribed. Subscriptions can be managed via the link above
For many years Frank Windfelder maintained the DVOC e-mail list. His timely updates on hot birds and club activities were greatly appreciated. The Club is indebted to him for his many hours of work maintaining our e-mail system prior to the current e-mail list.