The DVOC’s recurring publications
The DVOC’s one-time publications
- Bird Studies at Old Cape May: An Ornithology of Coastal New Jersey by Witmer Stone
- In October 1937 the DVOC published 1,400 copies of this definitive two volume set. In 1965 Dover Publishing issued a reprint.
Volume 68 of Cassinia contains an article Sandra L. Sherman wrote about tracing the original 1,400 copies – Tracking Stone’s Tome. A web-edited version of this article is available here.
- Further information about Sandy’s project is available here.
- Birds of Pennsylvania and New Jersey by Witmer Stone. 1894
- Birds of the Pocono Mountains by Phillips B. Street. 1954
- Pennsylvania Birds by Earl Poole. 1964.
- Voices of Birds and Birders a documentary tape by George Reynard. 1990
- Checklist of Delaware Valley Birds. 2002
Publications done in conjunction with the DVOC
Articles by members in various publications
- Ten Years On: An Analysis of “The Next New ABA Birds” by Colin Campbell in Birding Magazine, May 2010
- Remembering Paul A. Schwartz (1917-1979) by Gregg Gorton in Birding Magazine, September 2010
Publications by members
- “A Dichotomous Key to the Shorebirds of North America”, 1980 by Rick Mellon. Includes a key to all species with known North American records, plus a few likely future visitors.